Cool Kicks for Kids – Check out our step-by-step guide for fresh kicks
What better way to start the school year than with a new pair of shoes? After collecting some great information about trending styles, you can be sure to keep the family’s shoe game strong. So, don’t make your shopping list just yet!
Having the right kicks for class is essential in setting trends for the new school year. Be sure you are making the right statement this fall by equipping your family with these classic and contemporary treads. It is always important to keep in mind that—for school shoes—fashion needs to follow function. Let’s break it down by personality to find the right shoe for your students!
It’s Elementary, Watson!
If you’ve got young students in K-5 grades, it can be difficult to plan for shoes. Here are a few great tips to make sure your kids are comfortable and confident when heading back to the classroom.
- Straps and Sandals – Many schools require closed-toe shoes for students. So, before you send your child back to school in sandals, check with their school standards and dress code to make sure they are compliant. If sandals are allowed, make sure they fit well and offer proper support and protection for hard play!
- Velcro is your Friend – At this age, many kids have not yet mastered shoelaces. Consider an easy slip-on or Velcro option to make sure your child can fix their own shoes at school. There are a lot of great options available in athletic shoes, boots and loafers.
- Keeping the Piggies Dry – It’s always a great idea to have a set of rubber boots or shoes on hand for wet, cold and rainy days. Most regular kids’ shoes are not designed to keep out water, leaving your child dealing with soggy socks and feet in bad weather.
For the Active Tweens, Teens & Adults
For any young athletes or active members in the family, it’s the perfect time to equip them with a comfortable and functional set of athletic shoes that are capable of keeping up with their high-pace lifestyle. Here are the top 3 options in a few different categories.
Top 3 Running Shoes for Gals
- Asics GT-2000 5
- Brooks Glycerin 15
- Brooks Ghost 10
Top 3 Running Shoes for Guys
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34
- Asics GT-1000 6
- Brooks Adrenaline GTS 18
Top 3 Basketball Shoes for Gals
- Nike Zoom Live II
- Nike Air Precision II FlyEase
- Under Armour Women’s Torch Fade
Top 3 Basketball Shoes for Guys
- Air Jordan XXI
- Nike Lebron 14
- Nike Zoom Lebron Soldier
Trends for the Trendsetter
If you want to find some great options for the fashionista or fashionable gentleman in your family, here are the latest trends to look for.
Top 3 Stylish Sneakers for All Genders
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars
- Adidas Superstars
- Vans Old Skool
Top 3 Trending Styles for Her
- Patterned Boots – Boots in bright and busy patterns like plaids, faux skins and prints will be hot this Fall. Look for angled heels and taller collars to be on trend.
- Mary Janes Reborn – In 2018, Mary Janes will be back in style with oversized buckles and graphic touches. A new take on this classic style will be perfect for a lot of different looks.
- Bold Brogues – Brogues are getting a breath of fresh air with bright colors and contrasting materials. These are a great option to dress up a casual outfit or perfectly compliment a tailored outfit.
Top 3 Fashion Footwear Options for Him
- The Chelsea Boot – A classic look that is comfortable and versatile. Just as at home under a nice fitting pair of jeans as they are paired with a tailored slack.
- Classic Loafer – Available in a host of styles and colors, the loafer is a great option to dress up any look.
- The Desert Boot – Originally made for British soldiers in the desert, this boot is a menswear staple that balances casual style with a more finished look perfectly!
There are a lot of exciting new options to clad your student’s feet for the school year. Be sure your kids are walking tall through their school halls with a pair of shoes that match their personality. The Pinnacle has a great variety of stores whose staff are ready to help you find the right shoes for everyone. As the region’s premier shopping destination, The Pinnacle should be the first stop for all your fashion needs.